Saturday, February 11, 2006

Delphi and the Olympus Oracle

Well, today was the last day of Market Research class. It is a non examinable subject. Your grade is based on the case submissions, presentations and the game DELPHI. Delphi is a wonderful game and it is based on an imaginary place called Olympus, that has around 100,000 households. There are three types of product categories namely the Ambrosia (wholesome beverage), Panacea(Health food) and Hygenia(Personal care). There are three manufacturers M1,M2 and M3 who make different products in these three categories. There are two retailers R1 and R2 who sell these products in their stores. The game is about making straregies, making decisions based on these strategies, negotiations between manufacturers and retailers etc. All these 12 weeks were full of excitement and fun. My team was a retailer, R2 in this game. We were the smaller retailers in the game. The quantity decisions that we made, the price offs we gave, the ad spend that we made and the negotiations we had with manufacturers were all simulations of real life experiences. Dada was taken into task by the retailers. Poor M3.

We all had our business plan submitted today and our performance was reviewed. We got some nice insights. M2's presentation was very good and so was R1's. I thought Sheroo and Ash shared some wonderful ideas.

Ours was full time pass. Infact it was around 3.00 in the morning that I ended up finishing my Ambrosia graphs. Mani worked on it later coming up with the "Taking A dipstick" slides. Very creative slides indeed. I was told around 2 PM when I enter the class that I should be presenting the Ambrosia part. I brushed through the graphs I made and did a decent presentation. Ours went well. AK, Tau and Mani all gave good gyaan to the class and maintained the lighter side throughout the presentation. Hope the Prof likes it and gives us some good grades:-).

Exams are just a day away and I have not studied anything. How overconfident I have become? I dont know. SCM and Corp Fin are two major subjects that give me jitters. I hope the almightly takes care of me the coming week.

Well, hmm no cricket please for sometime.

"Ange malai mayakkam yarukkaga....?"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

God is back and you don't want to see Cricket???

Pathetic life man ;-)

All the best for your exams!

Aruneganesh said...

Thanks Subbu for your wishes.

Ya, Was watching Sachin's innings on Google Video. Good to see him play these days.