Monday, June 19, 2006

Le premiere jour.. deuxieme fois

The first day.. second time... I posted the blog and when I was about to hit publish post, my sytem went down. Was cursing windows once again and now here I am giving the same piece of stuff second time.

The first day started with headache for me. It was still drousy and I somehow recovered and went ahead. Reached the La Defense building well in advance. Paris is the same except the stench in metros have increased. Once again I just could not help the feeling that the creator is really biased.

We had an introductory session given by Michelle and supported by Delphine (Jaws Drop!!!). They both explained about ESSEC, the summer module, the professors, the industry visits et al. Nice start. Had breakfast and then the real session started with Aurelion taking the stage. His session was team building, communicating and intercultural differences. We had wonderful games. Games like Beauregard price fixing (we also did exactly the same under John in his OB classes), Portrait, Different types of listening and intercultural differences were enjoyable. With his very pleasing personality and good command over English, his session was really good. Aurelion had worked with Ex Prime Minister of France as an advisor. He has strong networks. The Dada in me woke up to get his card. Too bad, somehow it escaped my mind. But we have three more weeks. Can get it sometime else.

The participants were from all over the world. There was a participant from Columbia, who was an ESSEC student. Americans, Japanese, Chinese, French, Koreans. Indians, Indonesian,Singaporeans all constitute the batch. Sheroo FYI, there were two Finns too. Nice mix.

Had lunch at an Italian restaurant (pasta and water). It cost me 6.20 Euros. Ah... Classes ended at 5.30. The Desi in me woke up. Guess it..... you were right. I took Ashish to La Chappelle, Gare du nord, Paris's own little india. hee hee.. The place is the same, nothing changed with some new restaurants. Had dosa at Pondicherry restaurant which sucked. Got some calling cards and rice and came back. On our way back went to Arc De Triumphe. The one bad thing is that the sun rises around 5 AM in the morning and it is bright till 11 in the night. Had to console myself that we are not in Norway for an exchange.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

creator is biased, jaws drop... ugh.