Sunday, June 18, 2006

One helluva week!

I cannot explain my experiences last week any better!

To start with, I, Mani and DV decided to move out of Grad Hall. This was definitely was one of the sad decisions that we had to take coz we still have the luxury to stay inside the Grad Hall till December. We decided to stay near our offices and hence moved out of the Grad Hall. We saw three apartments and finalized the one at Yishun. It is a nice 2 BHK condo apartment with all facilities like Gym, Tennis, Squash, Swimming facilities. The house owner wanted to us to move in ASAP and we decided to do it last week. Also I had my France trip lined up during the weekend. Somehow moved myself out of the Grad Hall and landed up in the new apartment. Thursday night was totally washed off and Friday morning was hell. Managed to land up in office and leave out of the same early to catch my evening flight to Chennai. Landed in Chennai around 11.00 PM.

The next day, Saturday was the D day. Yeah. I met the first gal whom my parents have identified. Wanted this to be a very private affair with just me and the girl. But my dad arranged this to happen in a temple with both the families. I was pissed off and asked my Dad to cancel it. Then it happened in Hotel Sangeetha. But it was just not me and her. My Dad, Her parents and her cousin came along. I just couldn’t help it. They left us in a corner. We had a chat for an hour. Then I told their parents that I will get back to them after some time. They were really anxious and were insisting on a good result. I am quite hesitant and confused right now on this.

Then the same evening set to Mumbai, where I and Ashish had to catch the Delta flight to Paris.
PAHREEH……………. Here I come. Nice flight, which started half an hour late and landed in CDG at 8 AM in the morning. It was a nice chilly, sunny morning and the sky was as clear as it can ever be! The French babes…Sigh…. Man, this country makes me totally depressed. For a moment, I felt two eyes are not enough.

Odun was there to receive us. Saala budda ho gaya. Had food at his place. Went for a walk to the Eiffel. Huge structure made of just rivet joints. What an engineering master piece. Had the chance to visit it anytime during the one year I stayed in Paris last time. But this time it was special. The water fountain at the front has become a swimming pool for the public and they had a blast. The clothes were as minimal as you can imagine and I just could not help the feeling the creator is really biased. Phew..

From tomorrow onwards, got to start my ESSEC journey. Will try to update this blog frequently with my experiences. There are close to 30 participants in this program. Some nice faces. Will try to network my way with all of them. I am looking forward to it .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BHAI... CONGRATULATIONS. Brillaintly written piece i must say. THink u r finally gtting beter at writing blogs, but the congrtas were for finallyspending some well deserved 1 hour. Wat she doing, where she working... emailme the gory details... shall give u the 'evil' sideof advice.
n start posting the snaps of the lovely fountains of Paris.
Enjoi lah

Anonymous said...

ohfo... i forgot to tell u... mann here :))