Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Wicket Goes Down

Congratulations to the "fastest" dude in our batch for getting married. AK has attended the reception and has provided us the updates. Badhaai Ho sir.

On Friday, we had the party at Harry's @ Esplanade arranged by the NBS office to celebrate NBS' entry into top 100 in the FT rankings. Met up with my profs, seniors and my own batchmates. Atlast some decent veggie food at an NBS party with samosas, potato chips etc. Nice place to hang around. I remember coming to this place during the induction. It was the same Harrys where we went after our out door activities ended. Missing those good old days with friends.

Coming to CNY holidays, I tried my luck to get some tickets to Bangkok, but in vain. Too late to enquire. Baptiste staying in Bangkok, I thought staying should not be an issue at all. But all these airlines are running packed. Tried my luck in some of the cruises. (thoda zyaada ho gaya na..) There is one cruise to nowhere which is like 640 SGD for the first person, 640 for the second person and 320 for the third person. Add to it the taxes. Gave it up instantaneously. Finally what is left...........Good old Malaysia. I am planning for a trip to Malacca. Enquiring couple of friends if they can join me. Mani might not join as his Dad is around during this time. Seems like a small nice place, this Malacca. Has got rich history and decent beaches around. Should not be a bad choice for a weekend.

Last week watched my favourite director's movie, GURU. Technically it was a well made movie. Nice locales, Good songs, Wonderful camera. Some amount of work has been done to recreate the past decades. Kudos to all who have worked. But did I feel the impact after the movie ended ? Nope ! Well, that is the truth. They have worked really hard for the movie but the punch was not there at the end. To me, it looked like collection of scenes from the life of Guru. Mostly in bits and pieces. The climax did not impact me at all. The pace was also quite slow.
But the movie is doing well, I heard. The next movie in line is Eklavya. Big B was gifted a Rolls Royce for his performance. Phew... Should be some performance. Let us wait and watch.

1 comment:

AK said...

You should have let two people in front of you buy the cruise tickets at 640 SGD and then bought it for yourself at 320 SGD!!

Anyways, so all this news of aNNa doing beach rounds with the babes is true, eh? :P