Sunday, March 19, 2006

Amul - The Taste of India & Hatred against the Best

Recently I had a chance to go through Shamsher's presentation on Marketing Communications. His presentation was on Amul and its ads. It was quite interesting to go through the presentation and know about them.

Started in 1954, the Kaira District Cooperative Milk Producers Union adopts the name Amul for its milk products. Amul derives its name from the sanskrit word "Amulya" meaning priceless.

Amul ads feature the sweet looking little girl and they act as a social observer. It has the highest iconic status amongst all the Indian brands and it is the world record holder for the longest running campaign ever - 40 years and on !

Have a look at their site and enjoy the ads.

So it was Alonso last week and Fisichella this week. Way to go !!
Am happy atlast that Schumi's supremacy is getting a beating.

I dont know why I am like this. I dont like Schumi or the Australian Cricket team. Sampras and Steffi were not my favourites. Among the men, I am an Agassi & Ivanesevic fan and on the fairer sex, I liked Seles & Hingis.

Why is that I always want the best to be beaten ? (not applicable for India though :-)) I dont know. When the Proteas beat the Aussies on the final onedayer chasing a record score, I was jumping like hell. It is just not me, I have some good amount of friends like me who share this feeling with me. Some thoughts for a Psychological analysis... eh ?

"Tu kahan...Yeh Bata.....is nashili raat mein.....Maane na mera dil deewana.." - Rafi saab tussi great ho !!!

No comments: