Thursday, April 06, 2006

On my way back

I am writing this post during my transit time at Colombo. Thankfully, this time the transit time is just 1.5 hours compared to the 8 hours during my onward journey. So no need of thinking alternative plans for the time to kill.

My mission was successful on many fronts. I resigned from my previous employer, asked them to adjust my three months of notice period with my leave and PF. They agreed for the same. Missed my gratuity amount because I did not serve the company for full five years in service. (Missed it by 2 months).

Met my ex boss and ex colleagues. HR was quite cool and wished me good luck. Met almost all of my relatives. Had Ganapathy homam and Navgraha homam at Chithappa’s place. It was a nice get together with good food. My Mama suggested a gal’s horoscope saying that it matches very well with mine. Was a little confused when everybody rushed in and suggested that I should see the gal before I left. But common sense prevailed. I have asked my parents to send the gal’s photo after their successful first round of talks. Let me check out how lucky I turn out to be.

Went to Pondicherry. Suresh’s marriage reception was a good surprise. Most of the Pecneers of the 1999 batch were there. Shankar and family, HariPrasad and family, Srini, Pap, Dhileep, Kandavel, Chala, Venkatasubbu, Canessan, Rangadurai, Murugan and others graced the occasion. It was quite nostalgic when some of the ECE Professors turned up for the marriage reception.

Got amount of stuffs this time, especially dresses and food items. Was a little concerned if I have taken beyond the limit. But the Airlines allowed me to take 28kgs. Planning to become a Frequent Flyer in Srilankan Airlines. The clean and punctual Aircrafts, the very friendly cabin crews etc made me think of flying this airline once again. Kudos to their service. In Singapore, lots of things are waiting for my attention. Need to get my EP done.

India’s first three victories in the limited overs edition need a mention here. Except for the third which happened today, none of the first two matches were clearly in full control of India. The first match belonged to Sardar as he swung the match away in India’s favor with his topspinners and the doosras. The second match belonged to Raina with Dhoni assisting him by playing second fiddle. Quite a good show by a team, which is notorious for losing the game from winning positions. But the loss of Mumbai and Karachi tests still haunts me. We really need a formidable team for the tests. The great Indian Middle order is now crumbling. Barring Dravid none of the others showed consistency. Sachin, VVS and Dada, the other pillars of the Indian middle order are nearing the dawn of their career. Dada is out of the team although Dravid said that all is not over for him. Is the Indian team in need of his all round (??) abilities for the upcoming Caribbean tour? Time will tell. Let us hope this time Kiran More talks sense.

Heard recently Rahman’s Godfather. Two songs captured my attention. Ilamai sung by Udit and Innisai sung by some female singer. Hummable. Do listen to them.

No comments: