Saturday, April 08, 2006

Orkut and Xeroxing !!!

Yesterday Mani sent me the invite to join the Orkut group maintained by Google. I am already a member of the yahoo groups and I never felt that I should be one at Orkut too. I accepted Mani's invite and went ahead in becoming a member. I was lost in Orkut for the next three hours. It is really a fresh air from others and the way you can connect across different groups, getting to know your friends, the groups they are into is cool. I got myself registered to 7 or 8 groups. Too bad that I am so late to join this group. But better late than never.

In one of our Marketing class, Prof emphasised that the concept of generalising a product with a brand name is harmful. I thought it was a success for the brand. But he was thinking otherwise. Example was Xerox. Now Xeroxing is the verb that we normally use for copying. But why should that be treated as detrimental to the brand. I am not sure. But recently I saw an ad by Xerox themselves saying that Xerox is a brand and not a product. Wondering if Google will also come up with something like this? The word Googling has come in full force replacing Searching on the internet. Is Google not enjoying the success ride ?

2 comments:

Mann Sahib said...

Bhai.... dinner at can 11...:-))

Very profound thoughts dude... too damn influenced by marketing. How i wish you had the good fortune of learning it under Dr. Guieppe. Now hes a class act. neways, think this would do.

Anonymous said...

Вы мне не подскажете, где я могу найти больше информации по этому вопросу? [url=http://tutledy.ru/o-muzhskom-tele/71-sootnosheniye-rosta-i-vesa.html]соотношение роста и веса[/url]