Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Kinrara Experience

Got a nice opportunity to see the match in KL as I had a meeting on Thursday and Friday at KL. On friday my work was over around 1 and I and Karuna went ahead with our plans of watching it at Kinrara. Just as we were standing in the line to buy our tickets, a gentleman approached us out of nowhere and asked us if we needed tickets. We thought that this guy has couple of tickets extra and his friends have not turned up. I went ahead in getting those tickets. When I opened my wallet to hand over the 122RM for the tickets the guy refused and walked off. So we ended up watching the cricket match free of cost ! Phew.....Could not believe my luck.

This was my first ever match when i watched it in the stadium. Went ahead in finding our seats as it was in the K row in the open. It was quite sultry and I was sweating like hell. We were seated in the first row and we were exactly square of the wicket. Watched closely the guys like Bhajji ,Veeru, Hayden and Martin when they were fielding. It was an entirely electric atmosphere. More than the match in the centre, the activities happening at the stands were more interesting. Few aussies were there too... "Haydo give us waive...." "Clarkie give us a waive..." were some of their funny lines ! Thoroughly enjoyed my day inspite of having a severe headache.

Too bad, we lost the match. Guys like Raina, Dhoni, Agarkar raised the hopes and let them die by playing some rather poor shots. A team could not chase 213 and win the match. Just too much. I need not write much about this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never been to watch an individual sport in live action (i.e. Golf or Tennis), so I can't say for sure about the atmosphere there. But when you are at a stadium watching a team game, the whole atmosphere is electric. Especially when the game is fast-paced.

Last year I went to a basketball game here in Phoenix, and it was awesome. Especially considering that the teams were equally competitive and the game was close throughout. Its entirely different from watching it on the TV. Some sportswriter even had written about that saying, until we get 3-d televisions, it is not easy to appreciate live-action sport on the TV.

Anonymous said...

Awesome bro...Too bad these fools messed it up...What's with the logic behind the batting order in such a crucial game man?? It beats me to death...And then the match referee leaving Ponting alone...Had any Indian player done it, minimum three match suspension....Hopeless f&#%s!!